Saturday, 11 May 2013
Recipe: Lattice Slice
This is a really easy recipe to whip up the night before an event. It's perfect for a morning or afternoon tea.
3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
250g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon gelatin dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
2 packet Arnott's Lattice biscuits
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
2. Add vanilla, Cream cheese and dissolved gelatin and mix until well combined.
3. Lay first packet of biscuits, top side down over the base of a large container.
4. Pour over the cream cheese mixture and smooth the surface.
5. Top with the second packet of biscuits, top side up.
6. Refrigerate overnight or until well set.
7. Use a serrated knife to cut the biscuits in 1/2 to serve.